Born 24 May 1805 at Truro NS.
Like his father, James became a Presbyterian minister.
Married Elizabeth Blanchard (1819-1897) on 28 Sep 1837 at Pictou.
Rev. James Waddell and his wife Elizabeth Blanchard were first cousins.
There was a lot of intermarriage among the Waddell, Blanchard and Archibald families of Nova Scotia because, according to family legend, "no one else was good enough".
Died 14 March 1870 at Halifax. He is buried at Robie Street Cemetery in Truro.
- William Henry Waddell (1838-1913) Truro
Married Elizabeth T. Blanchard (1848-?) on 15 Nov 1866 at Pictou
- (male) Waddell (1868-1869) Pictou
- Hiram Blanchard Waddell (1870-?) Dartmouth
Married Margaret Macaulay (1867-1927) at Westboro MA
- Eva Anderson Waddell (1872-?) Dartmouth
- James Sherburne Waddell (1877-?) Dartmouth
- William Henry Waddell (1877-?) Dartmouth
- John Barclay Waddell (1889-?) Dartmouth
- Elizabeth T. (Blanchard) Waddell might have moved to the Boston MA area following the death of her husband,
because three of their sons are known to have been in business in Boston in 1914.
- Jane Walker Waddell (1840-1926) Charlottetown PEI
Married Rev. Edward Adams McCurdy (1838-1920) on 06 Nov 1866 at Sheet Harbour
- Leander McCurdy (1868-1868) New Glasgow
- William McCurdy (1870-1870) New Glasgow
- Roy McGregor McCurdy (1871-1878) New Glasgow
- Elizabeth Waddell McCurdy (1873-1874) New Glasgow
- Mary McCurdy (1874-1876) New Glasgow
- Eliza McCurdy (1877-1878) New Glasgow
- Raymond McCurdy (1879-1929) New Glasgow
- James Waddell McCurdy (1880-1881) New Glasgow
- Elizabeth Bedford Waddell (1844-?) Truro
Married John S. Tupper (1843-1880) on 28 Feb 1869 at Sheet Harbour
- James Waddell Tupper (1870-?) Bay of Islands NF
- John McLean Tupper (1872-1874) Bay of Islands NF
- Bessie Tupper (1875-1882) Bay of Islands NF
- Mary Maria Tupper (1877-?) Bay of Islands NF
- Edward Sherburne Tupper (1880-1901) Corner Brook NF
- Edward Sherburne Waddell (1847-1907) Truro
Married Isabella Taylor (1843-?) at Truro
- Mary Waddell (1849-1893) Truro
- Sarah Waddell (1855-?) Truro
- Dr. John Waddell (1858-1923) Truro
Married Annie Maud Burrows (1862-1948) on 24 June 1891 at Kingston ON
- Mary Lucy Winnifred Aymor Waddell (1894-1974) Kingston
- Elizabeth Gwendoline Waddell (1896-1983) Kingston