Born 30 May 1826 at Cardigan.
Married(1) Abigail Kelly (?-?)
Married(2) Mary Ann Service (1826-1902) at Douglas.
At the 1881 census of New Brunswick, Thomas and Mary were living in Douglas Parish with three children.
By the 1901 census, all of the children had left; only Thomas and Mary remained in their home.
James died 1902 at Douglas. He and his wife Mary are buried in Douglas Rural Cemetery in Fredericton.
- Martha Sansom (1859-?) Douglas
- William Davies Sansom (1862-1916) Douglas
Married Hannah Isabella Day (1866-1960) on 03 Jan 1888 at Nashwaaksis
- Glena Winifred Sansom (1888-1963) Nashwaaksis
Married Herbert Gunter Bailey (1884-1962) on 06 Sept. 1916
- Austin D. Sansom (1891-1909) Nashwaaksis
- Kenneth L. Sansom (1893-1970) Nashwaaksis
- Earle Nathan Sansom (1894-?) Nashwaaksis
Married Harriet May Cook (?-1953) on 01 July 1915
- Marion Rae Sansom (1897-?) Nashwaaksis
- Freeman Charles Sansom (1898-?) Nashwaaksis
Married Beulah Matilda Grant on 20 June 1925 at Fredericton
- Harold B. Sansom (1898-1980) Nashwaaksis
- Christina M. Sansom (1899-1948) Nashwaaksis
- Theodore William Sansom (1902-?) Nashwaaksis
Married Dorothy Gladys Forbes on 16 Dec 1919
- Mary A. Sansom (1873-1928) Douglas
Married Thomas Gordon Simms (1873-1918) on 07 Apr 1896
- Freeman Curtis Simms (1897-?) Windsor
- Vernon Webster Simms (1898-1978) Doaktown
- Robert E. Simms (1905-1914)